I got through the warmup, and Kate called and invited me to her "Health Challenge" down on the beach. I was skeptical that I would get a good workout, but I think I did. My heart rate monitor isn't working-I think I'm too skinny! So I didn't put it on. But we did several cardio exercises-and I did one of them twice. Our challenge was to run across the sand-about 50 yards, and pick up a flag, run back, and repeat 4 times-5 times total. So that was running for 500 yards. I did it twice, because the first time everyone ran, except one woman who was watching the kids. So that means I ran 1000 yards. Our next challenge was to go the same distance, but in a relay race, filling a sand bucket up with sand using coffee mugs. I am not sure how many times I ran, but I think at least 10 times. So that is another 2000 yards. Then we finished up with some yoga, and some cool down stretches. Add to that the 1 mile walk from the car to the beach and back, and I think we did pretty well, don't you? I mean, I ran about 1.7 miles, and walked another 1 mile. And boy was that 1.7 miles killer across the sand! Maybe it makes up for not doing Kenpo. Now I feel SLIGHTLY guilty for not waking up early enough to do Kenpo, but I CAN'T beat myself up over it. Things happen, I got some good cardio in for the day, and I'll make sure to park extra far away when I leave for class today. So I can get some extra mileage in :)
I'm excited b/c my pedometer is up and working. So I can keep better track of my walking around. It doesn't work too well around the house, with standing up, sitting down, and taking small steps. But that's ok. I'll use it for my long distance walks :)
Rest tomorrow. I'll probably do the "Stretch" just because I need to make up for no Kenpo or Yoga this week. It will make me feel better.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment