So, today, I woke up a little later than usual (730am). Matt had duty yesterday, but no watch, so he came home and slept in his own bed. He's feeling a bit under the weather, so he needed the rest. Well, he let me sleep in this morning, and when I woke up I made a decision. It has been too long since I've worked out. First injury {mine}, then illness {Matt's} has prevented me from continuing with this program. And I really want to finish the program. I need to lose body fat percent. That's my goal. With P90X, I was able to go from about 33% down to 25%, but I would really like to see it more in the 20% range. So, that is going to mean working out on my own if need be. I hope Matt doesn't mind, but I think he'll be ok. He'll just have to do the workouts with me when he can. I don't mind working out early in the mornings when he's here. But we just need to get back into a routine and get back at it!
Today was the Plyo Cardio Circuit. I feel like I did pretty well. In fact, I burned 419 calories! The gel that Matt got me for my heart rate monitor works like a champ. My HRM was getting a signal from the moment I put it on. I've had a lot of trouble in the past with that. Also, I used some sweat bands today, and boy did I need them! I got them for Matt for Christmas, and I got enough for the two of us. They work pretty well; I'm impressed.
Anyways, the breakfast this morning was a little different for me. I have never eaten cottage cheese before. When we would get it in school, they would pile it on top of a slice of pineapple. I always thought it was a waste of a perfectly good pineapple, and scrape it off :) But, I have decided to be adventurous. Not only have I {gasp} pierced my ears (I did that on Sunday) but I'm eating cottage cheese for breakfast. What is the world coming to? :) Just kidding. But seriously, I think it is time for me to leave some of my childish misgivings about food behind. Who knows? Maybe next I'll try.....mushrooms? Nah! Maybe not!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What? Pierced your ears? What next, a tattoo??? I'll be there to hold your hand if you wanna. =) I'm proud of you and your decision to get healthy. One day, maybe I'll be there too...
ReplyDeletehey, pam if god had wanted you to put holes in your ears he would have put them there himself....wait, this is pam i'm talking to? oh well it was a good shot. way to go! :))))
ReplyDelete