Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Matt - mmm Protein Bars

I have tried various Protein Bars and shakes all of my life, I have always been very sensitive about how skinny I was. For a couple weeks I scooped two scoops of ice cream and a 1/4 cup of Hershey's and 2 scoops of weight gainer in to a shake and drank it. But no matter what I did I couldn't gain a pound. While most of you are rolling your eyes and saying that you wish you had the problem, I was just like any other teenager and I hated the fact that I was so skinny and every one thought I didn't eat at all. Nope that's not it, the fact is that I snack all the time, as soon as I feel hungry I eat a small snack, and when I sit down and eat a meal it's a small meal. My body is just used to constantly eating and digesting small amounts of food, and I eat only when I am hungry... thats my secret.

Anyways if you are looking to eat Protein, today is the day and age to do it. Even the generic protein shakes taste good, and if you want to get the best tasting shake of your life, drink Muscle Milk mixed with Milk... oh my gosh it is like drinking an milkshake.

P90X requires you intake a lot of protein to build muscle mass and obviously they want to sell you their products, can't argue with a company that wants to make more money. But if you are looking for alternatives to their protein bars you can try Clif Bars Builders, they are a tasty and have 20g of protein in them. The chocolate mint is particularly tasty. Another (but more expensive) option is the Muscle Milk bars. And of course there is the P90X bars that Beachbody sells.

Anyways, I just realized that I am, for the first time, not dreading eating all this protein supplements and so thankful we have come as far as we have in the modern times =) After all you can only eat so many egg whites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment